The lives you should be living through during lockdown


With the next few weeks in lockdown, it's a good time to pick up those books. Reading is such a good way to spend your time, and since life won't be too exciting, why not live your life through these characters eyes. 


The Summer I Turned Pretty, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic,
 City of Bones, I Heart New York, After. 


Angela Clark

I Heart New York, I Heart Hollywood, I Heart Paris, I Heart Vegas, I Heart London, I Heart Christmas, I Heart Forever, I Heart Hawaii. 

The I Heart series are one of the main reasons I fell back in love with reading again when I was a teenager. The story follows Angela Clark who spontaneously flies to New York after finding her fiancĂ© having sex in their car at her best friends wedding. The series follows her life after arriving in New York and deciding to start a new life there. Each book is set in a different location and follows a different adventure, and trust me Angela is a very entertaining read. The books are entertaining and light hearted, which is a perfect read during these tough times. Lindsey Kelk is such an underrated author and any of her books would be a great read for lockdown. 

Hardin Scott 

After, After We Collided, After We Fell, After Ever Happy.

I wont talk too much about this as I recently uploaded a blog post about this book series, which you can read here if you're interested. 
I devoured this series, I could not put the books down. So much happens in them that it makes it very difficult to stop reading them. 
Here's a tip: Read these books before the movies destroy them. 

Rebecca Bloomwood 

The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic, Shopaholic Abroad, Shopaholic Ties the Knot, Shopaholic and Sister, Shopaholic and Baby, Mini Shopaholic, Shopaholic to the Stars, Shopaholic to the Rescue, Christmas Shopaholic. 

There are definitely enough books in this series to keep you occupied during lockdown. Now, Rebecca Bloomwood is iconic but she is also hilarious and reading her life from shopaholic to mother is such an interesting, amusing and fun experience. Each book is a new stage in her life, from marriage, moving away, having a baby and even getting stuck on a mountain in the Peak Distract. Again, this is such a good lockdown read, it's light hearted, entertaining and positive. 


Clary Fairchild 

City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass, City of Fallen Angels, City of Lost Souls, City of Heavenly Fire. 

This is the first series of the Shadow Hunter world and I bet after reading the first you will be ready to move onto the rest. Cassandra Clare has created an entire new world which is bound to keep you distracted this lockdown. The story begins with Clary starting to become aware of a different world around her, after her mum had spent her whole life hiding it from her. The truth starts to come out revealing a world she thought only existed through fiction. Shadow Hunters protect the world from demons but there is way more to the Shadow World than you would think. These series have a bit of everything from adventure, thriller to even the most frustrating love story.




Jacob Portman 

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, Hollow City, Library of Souls, Map of Days, The Conference of Birds. 

This series follows Jacob Portman discovering the world of Peculiar and the dangers of peculiarity. After his Grandad's death, he travels to a remote island off the coast of Wales where he retraces his Grandad's footsteps and discovers the secrets he was keeping. Each book steps into history, using the tragedies of the past to add to his stories. The book is also full of REAL photographs from history to fuel to the story. It's a whole new world and definitely a great escape through these scary yet dull times. 


Isabel Conklin

The Summer I Turned Pretty, It's Not Summer Without You, We'll Always Have Summer. 

Now, you may not have heard of this book series, but I am sure you have heard of Jenny Han and her other book To All The Boys I Loved. This series follows Isabel and her antics of her summer holiday staying with her family and friends she has known for her whole life. Although as people grow, things change and Isabel finds herself in a sticky situation. 
These books are my guilty pleasure, and I love to pick up and read them whenever I'm feeling a bit eh. They are short but sweet and the perfect series to pick up if you don't want something too heavy or not wanting to commit to something big. Only a small escape for those who need it. 



Comments

Popular Posts