When I was 17

Ever look back on pictures if yourself and low key wanna give yourself a slap? Yes, me too.
I thought this would be a funny post to write because it's basically me just ripping the shit out of myself.
I've seen a few YouTube videos where people do their makeup from when they were a teenager and it's quite interesting to see what we thought looked good back then, it's absolutely bizarre some of the things that was considered 'Stylish' a few years ago.

So, I'll set the scene a little for you.

So, for the whole of my life, I was really restricted to school uniform, the only time I would wear normal clothes was outside of school (and obviously I spent a lot of time in school.) There was that odd mufti day where I would go to school in my glad rags and think I was top gal.
So yes, tangent complete. When I got to 17, I was in Sixth Form and I could basically wear what I wanted (apart from the slightly sexist dress code, which I will get on to more about later on).

So here are some are the terrible things I would wear:

UGGS
Let's start there. I love UGGS and I still wear them, a lot. But, when I was 17, I wore them ALOT. ALOT ALOT. Basically with every outfit until it was too hot to wear them and then I would wear boots. I probably didn't wear anything else other than boots until I got to uni, and that's not an exaggeration (even in the summer). I would also wear fluffy socks that would poke out the top of my boots or UGGS, I thought it looked really cute; it must've been something I saw on Disney channel and thought it was stylish.

LEGGINGS
'Tights are not pants'
There is nothing wrong with wearing leggings, do not get me wrong. But, I wore them everyday, without fail. No joke. I don't think I wore a pair of jeans in my 17th year once. I was absolutely obsessed. I think I had around four pairs, that I wore on rotate (people must've thought they were the same pair and I was some grotty gal). The leggings were the really thick (and unflattering) ones from next, they were about £18 but I loved them because they were the only ones I had ever seen that didn't go see through, which meant that I could go about my day without people annoyingly telling me that they could see my pants.

CROP TOPS
Anyone who knew me back then, will nod and this. I must've worn a crop top everyday (and yes with my black leggings, face palm****). I went through a stage where everything I bought was cropped, crop tops, jumpers, hoodies, you name it..

OVERSIZED
Every cardigan, jacket, outwear would have to be oversized, I have no idea why, It just did...

FLUFFY SOCKS
I always, always, always would wear fluffy socks. I would tuck them into my leggings and wear them with my boots and UGGS, no matter what time of the year. What can I say? I thought it looked cute.

I wore this kind of thing for all of 17 and through some of 18, It did get better; thank god.
When I got to uni, it got way better. I am now in my third year and I don't remember when I last wore a pair of leggings. Although, I still have a huge love for fluffy socks and boots.





Comments

Popular Posts