Printed Trousers

Print trousers are not just for the summer. You can wear them all year round, whenever you want.
I feel like Print trousers really came back on trend during the summer period a few years ago. You know, the ones, the GAP YEAR trousers that everyone bought when they went travelling.


Now, don't take my word for it because it was a few years ago, I wasn't fully paying attention but that's when for me, I started to notice them. Now, because of that, it's understanding that you may think they are just for summer, but that is in fact, incorrect.

How to wear them:
Print trousers are a great and comfortable way to spruce up your outfit. For example, if you just want to be cosy and wear an oversized, plain jumper then you can just pop on some print trousers and you will look like some kind of fashion nova.
A few ways I like to wear them. They look amazing with cropped jumpers, I have a black cropped, turtleneck which looks amazing with print trousers. It's cosy, super comfortable and very cute. It's such a simple outfit but looks like a lot of effort has been put into it.
A bralette or bandeau. Now, this is the perfect example for dressing up and down. By putting on a nice, plain top, you can dress up your outfit so simply. It's perfect because you're comfy on your night out and you won't be freezing your bum off, too and from the club (or wherever you're going).
The key to wear them is simplicity. Go and raid the basic section in H&M or something, and you're will have so many different combinations with your print trousers. You can make them appropriate for any occasion.

Make it Autumn.
Now, like I said, people think they're summer. Now this is probably because they are summer patterns. Yes, you can wear whatever you want, but if you want to stay on trend, then go for the trousers with warmer tones and autumn colours.

Keep it Simple
Don't over do it with the pattern. Think about it this way, you wouldn't wear a patterned top with floral trousers, so why do it when you're wearing printed trousers? (Of course Co-ords are a complete different story). Keep it plain on one half of your body.

Favourites
I thought I could share with you some of my favourites at the moment, if you're looking for some inspiration.

Stripes. They're always fun and if they're vertical, they are very flattering and slimming. If you're looking for something a little more simple to try out then go with stripes. You may think you look like beetle juice (perhaps avoid the thicker stripes), but they're a classic look and you really can't go wrong with them.

Leopard Print, if you're feeling a little bit more out there, then get yourself some leopard print in your life. They look so cool and every time I wear them, I get a lot of compliments.

Flared Leggings. I cannot express my love to you enough about flared leggings. Who ever brought them back on trend is an angel sent to this earth. Flared leggings are amazing because they are so easy to wear, very comfortable and cover you up on those cold, winter nights out (plus, no need to shave your legs). I have a few pairs that I adore.


And finally, it's technically not print but I have been loving wear them so much lately that I couldn't not bring it up.

Joggers. Amazing, that these are now 'stylish', I have a few pairs of coloured ones that I pair with a nice off the shoulder top or cute crop top and it looks like I know what I am doing when it comes to fashion when really I just wanted to be comfortable.

So there you go, go out and get yourself some printed trousers.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts