"Beauty" hacks I swear by

I put beauty in "" because it's not necessarily beauty exactly, I just needed a word for it.
So, I thought about writing this post when my friend thought it was weird that I was putting Vaseline on my eyelashes before bed, now what does he know about beauty? But I did think about all the other small hacks I do and thought it would be useful to put into one blog post, and a good platform for people to share their own little hacks. So, here are some of my favourite beauty hacks. 

So, I will start with the Vaseline since I just briefly mentioned it. 
Last summer I had quite a few sets of eyelash extensions and yes, they're cute and so easy and look so good but you do suffer when you take them off and I'm not about paying that much for extensions for the rest of my life. My eyelashes just felt shorter and brittle. I knew that I needed to do something, after much research I found that a lot of people were suggesting coconut oil and Vaseline (I first heard it from the girl who shaped most our teenage years, Georgia Nicolson from Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging). 
*I would like to add that coconut oil did work for me too but every morning I would wake to puffy and sore eyes (which isn't exactly the look I was going for). 
Anyway, I use the aloe Vera Vaseline, rub it on my lashes before bed and it really didn't take a long time to notice a difference. My eyelashes feel thicker, stronger and longer to the point where now I feel a lot more confident without mascara on. 

Coconut Oil.
Coconut oil is the beauty holy grail, you can use it for basically everything.

  • It's good for your hair, put it on the ends of your hair if it's a little dry. 
  • It's a good treatment for frizzy hair. 
  • A way of removing makeup. 
  • A moisturizer for your skin. 
  • You can use it as a shaving cream. 
  • Amazing for dry skin. 
  • A good product to put on your eyebrows while growing them out. 
  • An amazing lip balm. 
And that's not all the amazing benefits. 

Hair Masks 
You will not believe the difference a hair mask makes. I cannot even describe to you the irritation I feel for only discovering this now. Putting a hair mask in once a week has changed my (hair) life. All the frizz is gone, the curls are so much nicer and the quality of my hair feels so much better.

Green Tea
I know what you're probably thinking, Green Tea is disgusting. But, there are so many benefits of drinking it. I used to force myself to have at least one cup of tea a day and now I love the stuff.
Since drinking the tea, I have definitely noticed a huge change in my skin, it just looks brighter and I have found that my skin has improved, I barely get any spots now (touch wood).
Green tea is full of antioxidants and nutrients that can have an amazing impact on your body; from improving brain function to weight loss. It has also been predicted that the antioxidants have reduced risk for some cancers.

Basically, just drink it! You'll start to like it one day, I promise.  

Water
Basically just drink plenty of it. I am not going to say anymore, because I swear every beauty post I write, but it's a huge factor.

And finally, my newest hack that I have just discovered is nail varnish, I am about to save you a lot of time and frustration. I  swear, everytime I paint my nails, I sit completely still and still manage to smudge the varnish, well not anymore.
So, paint your nails as normal and then put them in cold water for around two minutes and they dry. No smudges or anything. If you're going to take one thing from this blog post (which I hope you do take more) then use this one, it might sound dramatic but it's such an amazing hack.

These are the things I feel make all the difference in the world for me. I am sure there are many more but I do like to keep it simple, I don't want my whole world to revolve around beautifying myself.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts