5 Autumn Must Have Items

Autumn is upon us. The leaves are falling from the trees and the weather is annoyingly unpredictable. It’s an odd season, but a favourite of mine, and the best season when it comes to fashion. So, I thought I would put a little post together where I could talk about my must haves and fashion essentials for autumn.

Layers
Probably the only solution to the unpredictable forecast.
Now, whoever thought of layering in the first place was a genius and must have been very fed up of the British weather.
Layering is such a wonderful thing and a god send, it allows you to wear whatever you want and not have to worry about being too hot or too cold. You can always just take a layer off. Simple. Another fabulous thing it allows you to do is, it makes your summer clothes wearable.
For me, I will layer by wearing a long sleeved top under my dress, play suit or jumpsuit. It looks cute and when you get too warm from your jacket/cardigan/coat, you just take it off. You have another layer and don’t have to bare your skin to the autumn chill.
And of course, tights are essential, and also, who says that they have to be boring and plain tights?
It also looks super cute, it can make a fancy dress a lot more casual so you can get some more wear out of your formal clothes.

Style with: Wear a long sleeved top under a slip dress, pop on some tights and boots and add a leather jacket.

Leather Jackets.
I feel like autumn is the only time you can comfortably wear a leather jacket. In other seasons it’s either too hot or too cold to wear.
I think buying a really good leather jacket is a good investment because a good quality one can last years, it will never go out of fashion and they go with everything. And to add on to my last point, they are fabulous for layering up your outfits.
My all time favourite thing about leather jackets, is that most of them have zip pockets (which excites me very much).

Style with: Black Body Suit, Check Trousers, Ankle boots and Leather Jacket.

Scarves.
Scarves are one my favourite accessories because they are so practical. They are perfect for when it's chilly and they can make a huge difference when you're freezing. If you put one on in the morning and then through out the day it gets warmer, it’s easy to just take off and shove in your bag.

Style with: A scarf can perk up a plain outfit. A blanket scarf worn over jeans, top and boots. Very simple but looks like you know your shiz.

Hats
I adore hats. They’re great.
When I wear them, I do feel like “who am i kidding?”, but in this kind of situation you have got to fake it till you make it.
So, hats. Amazing if you’re like me and rarely wear hoods.
They’re so many to choose from, beanies, berets to baker boy hats (I do realise my alliteration here).

Style with: Wear a pinafore, a pair of tights, knee high boots and pop on a baker boy hat to complete the outfit.

Boots
Boots are on trend when it comes to Autumn, although I love them so much I wear them all year round. They look amazing and a bonus, you can wear whatever socks you want with them.

Style with: An oversized knitted jumper, a denim skirt and a pair of chelsea boots.


And of course, don’t forget the biggest essential for autumn, fluffy socks.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts