Sophie's Point, an update

I have been very silent on my blog recently, for a few reasons and I thought it would only be fair if I gave my reasons why...

So,
it's about time I get my shit together. I am talking about in life and on my blog. For a while I have been floating around in a nothingness when it comes to blogging. I have just not had the motivation to write a blog post, mostly because I have no idea what to write about.
I have spent a lot of time and effort on this blog, and it's not something I am willing to give up easily, so instead of carrying on staring at walls and waiting for an idea to pop into my head, I decided to be proactive and do something to get the ball rolling again.

So what's going on with me?
I am still in that limbo that uni students experience during their breaks. I finished uni in May and for all this time have been living an unscheduled life, yes I have been working but the main thing in my life was on pause, and I can see why that would have an impact on me. It's made me a little unmotivated and now I need to get my priorities straight. One of my big achievements this summer was finishing a whole box set of desperate housewives (which I would strongly recommend). And now I am getting to the tying loose ends in my life to get ready to start my first year, which includes: finishing my summer reading list, planning for my dissertation, deciding if and where I will be doing a masters degree and finally finishing Grey Anatomy (which again I would recommend). I am slightly pooing my pants at the thought of starting third year but am looking forward to it. It's a big year for me and it's important that uni is my top priority.

My blog posts were consistent for a while, a post a week and it was always on time, but recently that hasn't been happening. I won't lie to you and tell you that I have been completely ran off my feet because I haven't, yes I have been busy but I've had a lot of time where I could sit down and write and I chose not to. Writing is a big thing for me and I don't want to make myself hate it, my university course involves a lot of writing and I don't want to hate it right when I am about to go back to uni. Blogging is just a hobby and not something I will force myself to do if I am not feeling it. I started missing it, so I am going to pick it back up again, although this time I have a new approach and new ideas that I am excited to write about. I found myself trying to be like other bloggers and that's why it wasn't working.

So, yea...

Anyway... I'm going to do a update my blog a bit and spruce up some of my posts. I am no longer going to follow a theme, write like everyone because that's when I start to not enjoy it and when you don't enjoy writing it can be one of the hardest things in the world to do. So I won't force it, but I will plan and try to stick to that plan, if miss it out one week then oh well, it's not the end of the world.

I just thought that I needed to post about it on my blog. I have spoken about this on instagram quite a bit and a little on my twitter but if you just look at my blog, you will just being seeing silence so I thought I would do a little bit of an update here.

So look forward to some more posts and let me know if you have any suggestions on what to write about, I'd love to see some more fresh ideas.

See ya.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts