Summer Style



I realised while planning out blog posts that I haven't really taken advantage of the season and have barely even mentioned summer on my blog this year. So, I thought I would do a little summer themed post and talk about my favourite summer styles. Now I definitely am not claiming to be a fashion expert at all, 

but I'd like to think when I leave the house, I don't look like a complete fool.



Summer Dresses
I could not write this post without mentioning the 'summer dress' which comes in a different form for everyone. I think my favourite type of 'summer dress' is the slip dress. They are so cute and classy. I have a few and they are great because you can dress them up or down.
The amazing thing about a dress is that when picking your outfit, you have the top and bottom all sorted in one.


White Trainers
This is something very new to me. I used to always wear boots, only boots, not matter what season (I know, boots in the summer, no). Anyway, for some reason I had the urge to buy some, and now I am not going back. The white just adds a freshness and colour to the outfit and they really go with everything.
The ones I have are the Puma Basket Heart ones, which come with laces and ribbon lace, they are so cute and girly and I adore them. They are a little different but that's why I like them.



Topshop. 

Denim Jacket.
Now, I know what you're thinking. Am I crazy? It had been way too hot this summer to even be thinking about wearing a jacket but hear me out.
Before this huge heatwave came and smacked us all in the face, the denim jacket was perfect. I have a nice over sized one which isn't clingy so it keeps me cool and it goes with everything.
I have literally worn it with every outfit I could this season because it's got such a chilled out vibe, I adore it.
I bought mine from Topshop and I believe it only cost me £35. It's from the 'Vintage Brand' so it may be hard to track down; I got very lucky with this purchase.





Asos 




Wedges.
I have some black ones from Asos and they are perfect. The flat heel means that I don't have to suffer with achy feet. Without even trying they add something to the outfit, a dressier vibe. I would say a definite staple to your summer wardrobe and a timeless classic too. I will wear these every summer, no matter if they are 'in' or not.











Bandeau
I CANNOT express my love enough. I swear I am starting a collection of these. Topshop have a basic collection of them and every time I go in, I am drawn to them. At the moment I have a plain black one, a red one and a black and white stripy one. They are a perfect solution to 'jeans and a nice top' and can dress up any pair of jeans, skirts or shorts. They are so flattering and simple and the top shop ones are such good quality for the £6 they are selling them for. Again, I don't care if these go out of fashion I will be wearing them for the rest of my life (even as an old woman sitting in my rocking chair). 



Culotte Jumpsuits
Again, very similar to the summer dress. They keep you cool and look cute at the same time. I think the amazing thing about these jumpsuits is they are so easy and simple to wear but they look like you know what you're doing with not only fashion but your life.





And finally, I thought I would end on an accessory.
Cat Eye Sunglasses
These are my favourite and have been so for a while.
At the moment I have two pairs, one from Micheal Kors and one from Primark.
Primark. 
The primark ones were two pound and I LOVE THEM. They look so chic and stylish. Again, when you wear a pair of cat eyes you look like you are some fashion nova who's got their life together, when in reality that is not the case. This summer they have been attached to me, either shielding my eyes from the insane sunshine or chilling on the top of my head, either way, they look good.

These have been my favourite of favorutie's this summer. I am sure I could go on for much longer but there has go to be some hierarchy here.

I hope you enjoyed reading.

Comments

  1. The flatforms are an absolute fave of mine this Summer, and I think every girl needs a denim jacket in their wardrobe!!

    Lucy | www.lucy-cole.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flatforms are amazing and so comfy and definitely couldn't live without my denim jacket!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts