A Simple Skincare

I won't lie to you. Skin care scares me. You see so many bloggers, celebs, influences talking about all these products that do different things, there are different brands, different days of the week to do things and really all I need is someone to sit me down and just tell me what to do because I am so confused and do not have the bank account to spend all the money required to have good skin.

But, recently I have cracked down on a routine which has helped me, I feel like my skin is better and weirdly I feel good for actually having a routine. Believe it or not but it makes me feel more like an adult.

Anyway, so here is my simplistic routine for you, I hope it helps because I wish that I had someone give me the simple version of skincare rather than having to work it out for myself.

Drink.
So the first thing, and the easiest thing. Drinking water not only is good for your body, it's amazing for the skin too. It's so important and without it, there's no point in skin care.

Cleanser
I have found three in one cleansers to be the best. I use one from Nivea which cleanses, tones and removes makeup. I am not really sure

Moistriser
I have tried many and there are only two that I like.
The first one is an SPF one from Nivea. It's good because it protects your skin from the sun (although, it is not an alternative for sun cream). I like having the protection so I don't have to worry, I am very pale and the sun can strike at me at any time and sometimes during the winter, so really I am just killing two birds with one stone with this product.


Products: Nivea SPF 30 Everyday Moisturiser
Nivea Micellar 3 in 1 Cleanser
Boots Essential Eye Cream
Boots Essential Moisturiser
Vaseline
Beauty Formulas Charcoal Face mask
Super Drug Coconut Oil
Dove Silk Body Wash
Avea Hand Cream
Baylis and Hardings 
The second one, I normally use before bed or on a day that I don't really go in the sun is a boots own one. I have used this product for years, I remember the first time I bought it, I was 11 and it was all I could afford. It's cucumber scent and I remember always loving it, so one day this year I was thinking about it and decided to buy it and I am so glad I did. I am not going to say this product is amazing, but it's so inexpensive but it does what it says it's going to do and leave my skin healthy and soft, so really I can't complain.

Eye Cream
I cannot believe I never used eye cream for twenty years of my life. I know, I am only twenty and really have no reason to worry about wrinkles, but I do worry. I bought this boots product along with the moisteriser, I thought if I am going to try eye cream I will not be forking out for something that I may not even like. Anyway, it makes such a difference, I feel like my under eyes look smoother, brighter and I don't look like I'm carrying bags under my eyes. A lot of people don't rate eye cream but I think just give it a go, the one I have is £1.50 from boots (Cucumber scented) and I love it. It's not going to break the bank and I am sure you really will notice a difference.

Vaseline
I Love Vaseline, it does wonders for my lips and leaves them smooth and hydrated. But, I am not going to start stating the obvious here, we all know what it does for the lips. But, on the eyelashes...
I started doing this because eyelash extensions ruined me, but after rubbing Vaseline on my lashes every night, I noticed a huge difference on my lashes. HUGE. I would really recommend doing this.

Coconut Oil
Since we were talking about lashes, coconut oil is similar to Vaseline when you rub them on the lashes, I found that I noticed a difference as well, but my eyes reacted to it and I would wake each morning with puffy eyes. So perhaps you could try but I would like to mention you may have a reaction too, just a warning.
Anyway, coconut oil. Put it on everything, hair and skin. It works. Especially, if you're dealing with dry skin, it's amazing at treating it.

Face mask
I do a face mask about once a week. After it leaves my skin feeling fresh and smooth and it makes me feel like I am actually doing something with my skin. So take that information the way you want...
The one I am currently using is a charcoal one from body care if you're interested. Very in-expensive too.

Hands and Feet
This is something I never want to forget to do ever again. Who doesn't want soft, baby skin feet and hands? I really just use whatever and generally switch between hand creams, for me it doesn't make a difference what product I use.

Body
I like to use the Dove moisturising shower gel, it's perfect with a moisturising glove and it kills two birds with one stone, it cleanses too.

So, these are the products I like to use, I feel like it's doing the job but I really do not know much about skincare, but I hope that helped at least one person out.

Comments

  1. Good Job & I really appreciate for sharing this blog. You can also take a look at haute her for health and skin care tips

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts