5 Days of NOT wearing black



Recently, I have been thinking about the colour black. For years and years I have always worn black, it's the easiest colour because it goes with basically everything. Of course, I am not saying there is anything wrong with wearing the colour, I just thought this would be an interesting experiment/ challenge for me and thought that perhaps it would encourage me to wear more colour. I thought this was the perfect time to do this challenge because of the heat wave we are having in Britain this at the moment, so with out further or do, here is what happened.

First. I thought I would set a few rules for myself.
  • NO NEW CLOTHES: As you may or may not know, I have a little bit of a shopping addiction and I didn't want this post to encourage any bad habit so I thought I would work with what I've got. 
  • BAG. My Everyday Handbag is full of everything I could possibly need, I didn't want to have to switch it for the sake of 5 days and also don't have any other colour of bags than black. So I had to make an exception for this. 
(If you're wondering what bag I have or what's in it, here is a post telling you all about it)

Outfit 1: Monday 
This Monday is when I moved back home from Uni for the summer. You can imagine, I had a lot of stuff that needed packing up into the car so I opted for a comfortable outfit.

Dress: 'Oh Honey No' Jumper Dress from Missguided.
Shoes: White Pumas 

Outfit 1 

Outfit 2:
Outfit 2
On Tuesday I had a bit of an errand day which started with a trip to the hair dressers. Luckily I wore this outfit because they put me on a stool because of the length of my hair and I was basically straddling the whole time.

Jumpsuit: Grey/ Blue One Piece from Forever 21 
Shoes: White Pumas 


Outfit 3: 
Wednesday was a pretty chilled out day for me. I had a trip to the beauticians but that was basically what my day was. I spent the rest of the day sorting through my things and unpacking.

Top: Red cropped Bandeau from Topshop (I would just like to add how amazing these bandeau's are, they are amazing quality, inexpensive and come in so many different colours.)
Trousers: Shein
Shoes: White Pumas  

Outfit 3

Outfit 4:
Thursday again, pretty chilled. This week I didn't do much, I do have plans for this summer and am hoping to work but there's not much point starting a job to then go on holiday a week later, so I'm waiting till after my holiday. I thought I would just add that, as I am coming across as not doing anything.

Outfit 4
Play suit: White, Lemon Play-suit from Forever 21 (this outfit may be cheating since it has black polka dots which I didn't notice until I edited the photos, but I feel like the black is barely there so I should get away with it?
Jacket: Denim Jacket from Topshop (This was one of the other brands, the 'vintage' collection)
Shoes: White Pumas

Outfit 5;
I went for a more comfortable outfit, I feel like Friday may have been a little cooler, or perhaps I was just involved in activities that didn't produce much heat, who knows?
Outfit 5
I have worn this outfit before, so I have just added an older photo of it rather than taking a new one, if you are wondering since I know this picture has featured on my Instagram before.

Dress: Checked Shirt Dress from In the Style
Shoes: White Pumas
Jacket: Denim Jacket from Topshop. 

Conclusions
I don't think trying this has changed anything. Although it did make me realise how much I colour I really do wear.
I feel like I didn't really struggle with this challenge however, I did kind of cheat by wearing the same pair of shoes but the truth is, all my other shoes are black and the rule was not to buy anything so really I had no other option.

Here are a picture of the shoes if you are wondering what they look like. I bought mine from Very.

White Pumas 

I hope you enjoyed this post, and hope to do more things like this in the future. Perhaps try it in the winter, it would be a lot harder since in the summer you wear less clothes. Maybe I'll give it a go.






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts