Fashion Trends that I swore I'd never wear but was wrong.

I feel like as I have grown up, I have experienced with fashion a lot. But there was a time when I was a jeans and a nice top only kind of girl. I would see new styles and think they were awful, I knew that trends came and went and jeans were forever. BOY WAS I WRONG!!

So, I thought it would be fun to speak about the fashion trends in my life that I swore I wouldn't be caught dead in and found that I loved them.

                                                          Jeggings
So, this one is a major throwback, about eight years. I remember being 12 years old and being adamant that jeggings would never touch my legs. I thought they were ugly and stupid. Now that I look back, I think that my 12 year old self was right but for some reason I completely changed my mind and basically lived in them from the age of 13 to 15. I thought I was the dogs bollocks wearing them (I am not talking about the jean material jeggings, I a mean the soft material ones) but they were so comfortable and easy to wear. I thought that they went with everything and most of the time paired them with boots, a nice top and one of those new look cardigans that every girl seemed to have. If you know, you know.
But yes, I would say that this was the first 'trend' I did a complete u turn on.




Mom Jeans

WHY OH WHY WAS I EVER A HATER?
I think we went through a long period of time where is was skinny jeans or nothing. So anything else to me I thought was crazy. Mom jeans came in fashion and I think they were so different to what I was used to that I was scared to wear them. When I got to uni, I started to experiment more and I think that's when I realised how Mom jeans weren't such a big deal. They are so stylish and a lot more comfortable than skinny jeans. They make an outfit seem more put together and over all I think they look better and a lot more flattering. If someone told me two years ago that I would not only be wearing Mom jeans but be sitting here and vouching for them I would claim they were speaking about someone else.

And while we are on the topic of skinny jeans taking over...




Flared Trousers
I was so against these. I think I had haunted memories as a child where they would get on the floor and get wet and leave me with wet denim rubbing on my ankles for the rest of the day.

Maxi Skirts
I used to hate maxi skirts. I don't know why, I was just horrified by them. I have no idea why, and I feel a little bad, they didn't deserve my hatred. It may have just been my age, perhaps I thought it wasn't something that would look good or make me look older. Perhaps I thought more skin was better or something, but now I have learnt a thing or two about fashion and class and maxi skirts are elegant and stylish and I have no idea why I was so against them. I changed my mind about them that much that I ended up wearing one to my end of sixth form prom.


Hats
I mean, what can I say? I was blind to what a hat could be. I guess I finally have the confidence to walk around with a hat one. I no longer care what people would think or say.


Jumpsuits
I couldn't even tell you why I hated them. They are FAB! Again, maybe my style was just a little boring but seriously what is to hate about jumpsuits?  You don't have to stress about your outfit matching because it is all one outfit. They can make you look like you've put in a lot of effort when you really haven't. I have no idea what I had against them.
Perhaps it's just one of those things I never thought I would have enough confidence to wear.

Crocs
Joking...

I would also like to add I used to be a huge hater of the high pony tail, who know why? Perhaps I was scared for life from that one time my Dad did my hair...

I thought this was an interesting and funny post to write about. I loved thinking back to my pre teen snobby self and judging myself for being so closed minded. I can imagine there being so much more that I thought I wouldn't wear and perhaps there could be a part two on this post but for now this is it. And I am guessing a lot of people may agree with me but I would love to hear what other people were so against and gave into.



Comments

Popular Posts