Everything, Everything

I know, I know, I am extremely late this party but the truth is I’m a massive book hoarder and it has taken me this long to get to the bottom of the pile of books I have been stashing away... But yes, I finally got the opportunity to read this book and I loved it.

Not many books drag me in from the beginning but this one did. To the point where I read it all in one sitting. The book is quite a small one but still it stole my attention for a good few hours which is a sign of a very good book.

I haven’t seen the movie (yet) so reading this book I had a very small idea about what it was about. The book follows a Maddy, a young woman living in a house and unable to leave because an illness she was born with. Her life consists of school work, reading and spending time with her Mum in the evenings. The only human contact she receives is from her Mother, career and occasionally teachers who only speak with her for educational purposes. Her life is simple until a new family moves in next door. This is where we meet Olly. He is a free spirit dealing with his own problems with his family, when he becomes curious of the girl he has never seen outside. They start communicating through windows until finally their communication upgrades to emails. As readers we witness a friendship growing until finally Maddy’s carer gives in and allows Olly to visit. After Maddy’s mum finds out, Maddy is banned from seeing him leaving her to go back to her normal life of nothing.

Once Maddy see’s the potential of what life could be, she realises she isn’t living but is only surviving. She decides that she want to go away with Olly to Hawaii and experience life, even if that means risking her own. On their trip they fall even more in love until Maddy’s illness finally catches up with her...

And I will stop there. I don’t want to give anything away because I want you to find out for yourself. I really didn’t see what was coming next. And now that I have told you half the story are you not curious yourself to find out what happens next?

READ THIS BOOK! There is no excuse, it’s a lovely but small read and perfect if you don’t have a lot of time on your hands. I couldn’t recommend this book enough, part of me wishes it was more. (Although, I did hope I could get an even bigger snippet to the ending, it was very abrupt). I completely fell in love with the book, characters EVERYTHING (see what I did there?)

I hope this post has encouraged you to pick up this book!!



Comments

  1. Thanks for the recommendation! I just finished a couple of books so I've been looking for my next read and this sounds very interesting. I've heard a couple of other bloggers raving about it as well, so I think I'm going to have to take a look the next time I'm in Waterstones!

    Sneha | lifewithsneha.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and you should definitely read it, it's fab!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts