The Books you should read, even though the movie was crap

It’s so disappointing when you go to the cinema to watch a movie based off a book that you’ve read and loved. I am an inspiring author and couldnt imagine how it would feel if I put my heart and soul into a piece of work for it to just be thrown carelessly into a move and failing. I find it such a shame because the movie might put people off from reading the books. So, I thought I would do my part and tell you which books I think are worth the read.

Divergent:
So, I thought the first film was fantastic. I actually watched the movie first and then decided to read the books from the film. However, the second film was another story. I think the second book is the best one and it completely ruined it, and may I add miss out a huge and important piece of information in the end. I don’t want to add any spoilers. But yes, the film was crap but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t read the books. You need to know the end, what happens for Tris.

Mortal Instruments:
I actually thought that the film was really good, perhaps I am bias since I adore Lily Collins. However, I do know that this film faced a lot of criticism which might make you not want to read the books. That would be silly, you would be missing out on the amazing world of shadow hunters. Not only that, read all of the shadow hunter series, I promise you will get lost in them and love it.




The Shopaholic Series:
If you have read my other blog posts about books, you will know how I feel about this. The Confession of a shopaholic film was dreadful! AND IN NO WAY RELATED TO THE BOOKS. If you love a good chick flick book then read this series. I promise you will not be disappointed and you will fall in love with Rebecca Bloomwood.

Beautiful Creatures:
They got the film wrong right from the beginning by not following the book closely. Which was disappointing. They ended the film in such a weird way which would’ve left the audience wanting more if the hour of the film before wasn’t painful to watch. Beautiful creatures is so much more than the movie made it. So, read it. There are four in the series and each one answers the questions that the last book was leaving you with.

Miss Peregrine’s home for peculiar children:
Now, I know, again you have probably heard me talk about these books many times before. I can’t help it, I love them. But, I wouldn’t have been able to write this post without mentioning this. The movie wasn’t terrible, but they ended it so badly. They completely cut off the chance for a second and third film which is crazy since the books were so good. My advice to you is, scrap the movie from your head and read the books because honestly, you’re missing out if you don’t. There is so much more in that world and the film didn’t cover. DON’T MISS OUT!!

So, these are the books I think the movie failed them the most. But obviously I haven’t read all the books or watched all the movies in the world so I would love to hear if you have any movies in your mind that have nothing on the book.



Comments

  1. Thank you for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful books and movies I have never read nor watched, I need to thank you for this list of recommendations! Many of these have intrigued me but I have never got round to viewing them, I am definitely a book over film person too haha!! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (PS I’m hoping I might be able to entice you to follow each other on bloglovin haha xD)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, thank you for reading, and of course, I would be happy to follow back. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts