Dealing With University Stress

I thought I would write this post because that time is upon us where we are all running around in a panic. One thing I would say about uni stress; it's very different to any other stress I have felt before. It's an odd one because even though I am FREAKING OUT, my procrastination levels are higher than ever.

I thought perhaps this post might be helpful to those going the same thing, sometimes a little relate-ability can make a huge difference.
So let's talk stress.

Me pretending I don't have deadlines or a
 care in the world. 
How I deal with it?
ORGANISATION
So I think the most important thing to do, is keep on top of it. When you let it go over your hea
d, you're never going to get out of it. Then you go into full panic mode, which never is a good thing. For me, when the deadlines start to loom, I make a list. I don't know if other people find this helpful, but for me (I think I'm quite a visual person), when I see it all written down I can start to tackle it. It also stops you from forgetting things, when it's written down it doesn't suddenly just pop up in your head while you're doing something. When I write it down, I feel like it leaves me brain and clears it up a little.

JUST DO IT
I know this must seem simple and I am literally stating the obvious here, but just do it. The best way to get rid of stress is by completing the thing you are getting stressed about. Simple. Obviously, if it's exams you can't just do it, you have to wait for the date but the best thing to do is just revise.

TREAT YOURSELF
Don't be so hard on yourself. Seriously. The fact that you're at uni and you're doing your course is amazing, do what you can, work and try as hard as you can but remember putting pressure on yourself is only going to make it worse. I think for me, when I am working towards my deadlines, I always make sure I have good food in so I can make myself a nice and filling dinner. It gives me something to look forward to while I am working. I love food and knowing that when I finish work, I will have a delicious dinner really does help me get through it.

BLOW OFF SOME STEAM
At uni there are a lot of things going on all the time from sports to student nights. Giving yourself time to join in on these things will be good for you. You're better off starting with a fresh and free mind then sitting there for hours staring at your screen. For me, I try to go out and have fun as much as I can. You're only at uni once, this environment is completely different to anything you have and will experience again. So enjoy it! You are at uni for one reason, to get a degree which is the top priority but you've got to remember to live your life too, have fun. Just make sure you're putting the right amount of time in.

And finally
LOOK AFTER YOURSELF
This is so important. Go to bed early, get enough sleep, drink enough water, make sure you don't spend too much time locked up in your room, get some fresh air. All of these things may not seem important or a priority when you're racing away to get to your deadlines on time but it is. All of these things will affect your brain and the work you're producing. So take care.

It will all be over in the end and it will be so worth it, I promise.
Keep going.
If you're a student then perhaps you might enjoy some of my other student related posts:
https://sop4ie.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Student

See Ya.

Comments

Popular Posts