My Top 5 Wardrobe Essentials

So, today I thought I would share with you my wardrobe essentials. I thought I would start with five and then perhaps do a part 2 in the future. But these are the things I reach for the most in my wardrobe.
So let's go.

Boots (My most favourite things)
I love Boots, especially Chelsea Boots. I think they're a timeless classic. I feel like you can wear them with anything, skirts, trousers, jeans, shorts, dresses, playsuits, jumpsuits (could I possibly mention anything else?) I basically wear my pair everyday and they are so easy to find in the shops. If you were going to pick one thing from this list, this would be the thing that I recommend the most. They are my staple items and one of the things I don't mind spending a lot of money on. A good pair of everyday shoes is an investment in my eyes.


Mom Jeans
I have only just discovered the beauty of Mom Jeans; I know I am late to the party. I think they're so flattering and so much more comfortable than skinny jeans (which I used to love wearing), I also think they're a lot more flattering. I don't feel like they're clinging to me like other styles of jeans. You can dress up them but also wear them casually. I think with an oversized jumper tucked into the front gives off a nice slouchy look. I also like to pair them with an off the shoulder crop top too, the style of the jeans make me feel a lot more comfortable and less exposed if that makes sense? If you were wondering my choice of colour on mom jeans is a greyish black and they really go with everything. In my opinion I would say they are on there way to replacing the skinny jean, well for me they are.

Tights
You may think this is a weird one as tights are basically underwear, but I wear tights on a daily basis and feel like they need a shout out on this post. I love tights and if you've been reading my blog for a while you would know that. Tights were the best invention as it means you can wear what you want no matter the weather. They're so classy and feminine and can really add something to an outfit and I am not just talking black tights. You can buy gorgeous patterned tights, gorgeous colours, knitted tights which are so easy to wear but can really change the look of an outfit. Although they are incredibly annoying when you rip them, I really hate throwing them out. Bottom line, they are so easy, comfortable in my opinion, and can make it look like you've really made an effort with your outfit.
Also I have a really good hack for tights so if you're interested look out for my next post where I spill all my tips and tricks.

Long Sleeved Black Top
Layering. I love to layer. With some of my dresses I like to put on a long sleeved black top underneath to make it more casual or just to make myself feel more covered up. I have this playsuit that is really low cut and not appropriate for winter, but I love it so much that I realised that if wear something underneath it is still wearable. Plus it makes me feel a lot more comfortable and less self conscious about the low cut. I would really recommend getting a long sleeved black top. I not only wear it on nights out and during the day. For me I think it can add some class to your outfit but also keep you warm and perhaps make you feel little more confident.

Short Sleeve White Top
Similar with my last point. Layering. I think I prefer a long sleeved black and a short sleeved white. I have no idea why. I have a pink slip dress that I love wearing but feel like it's a little too revealing (especially on student nights where people tend to go a lot more casual), so instead of not wearing it, I put the white top on underneath and it makes me feel a lot more comfortable and I think the top makes the outfit seem more stylish and put together. Plus I have had a lot of compliments on that outfit from drunk girls in the toilet.

Bonus
So, I thought I would add this one. It's a new purchase but I am so happy with it, wear it all the time and would say now it is an essential for me. I recently bought a cropped faux fur jacket from misguided. It's one of the most warmest jackets I have ever worn and doesn't ruin my outfit because it goes with everything. If you're looking for a more formal jacket then this is really the one for you. Just a suggestion if you're on the lookout for something like that.

These are some of my essentials. I am sure there are plenty more but I thought I would keep it down to five (and a bonus for now). Perhaps look out for a part 2. I've just rambled here but I feel like that's my favourite way to blog...

Thank you for reading.


Comments

Popular Posts