My Online Shopping Ban, Fail

One of my biggest goals of 2018 is to cut down on the internet shopping and this is one that I am determined to succeed in, for myself and my bank account. I started on the 01/01/18 and am planning to go cold turkey on the online shop for two whole months. Let's see how it goes, I will be keeping record here, by the end of this post you will know if I was successful or not. See you in March.


02/01/18
These past few days have been difficult and I know I am only three days in. I have received so many emails from different online shops offering me amazing deals, letting me know about their terrific sales and tempting me with pictures of clothes that I have previously looked at. I have unsubscribed from the emails, marked it as uninteresting on my facebook newsfeed and same with instagram. I am determined!

03/01/18
Today I received my last parcel for a while (which i ordered before the new year). Anyway, I feel like I have a nice little collection of new things to keep me going so I am feeling pretty good, however we are only three days in. All the shopping apps on my phone have all been put into a folder and labelled as 'NOO!' which is hopefully going to make me think before I click on something to browse on. So far, so good.

06/01/18
It's been ok. I like to browse through online shops when I am watching T.V or doing nothing and I am finding it hard not to do that. I have slipped a few times and gone onto the website but it was more to look at swimwear for the summer, so it's not that tempting as long as I don't fall into the sales. Keeping strong.

07/01/18
Me again. Have hit a problem. I don't normally wear jeans so I only really have one pair and last night... THEY SPLIT. Now I know that it wouldn't be breaking the rules if I went to the shop and bought them but most places I like to get my jeans are online shops. Dilemma.

10/01/18
Yesterday I caved, a dress I have been wanting a while went on sale and I couldn't resist, so I am restarting from the 9th I am determined to do the two months so no more browsing its no good for me.

17/01/18
It's been 7 days since I re began the task. I am a little disappointed that I broke but I will do it for 2 months and a the end of the day I am still completing my resolution of not online shopping for 2 months. So, I have been good this past week, not even looked online and I am feeling a lot more positive about it this time round. Keep me updated.

04/02/18
Hey Lovelies, It's been a while. I can tell you that I am still on my ban but I have slipped once. The reason is a good one I think but instead of failing, I think I just want to carry on anyway. If you guys must know it was a cropped faux fur jacket from pretty little thing, I wore my friend's jacket in red and loved it so much I had to get it in black. I broke it and I feel bad but do not regret my decision. I'm hoping to carry on.

12/02/18
I am still going strong, apart from my little weakness a few weeks ago but since then I have been on my best behaviour.

13/02/18
I am weak. It is over. Gone. This evening I broke and had a little bit of an online binge. I know it's bad and it shows that I have no self control but the truth is, this past month I have really pushed myself by joining a sports team and getting a job and I am proud of myself, I am coming out of a hard time and since my financial situation has changed I can. So I treated myself, also it's valentines day tomorrow and I am quite newly singe and felt like I just wanted to make myself feel a little better. So I am not that disappointed, however I do need to do something about my spending therefore online shopping will be gone for lent. I will let you know how that goes.

See you in 40 days.
Also happy valentines day.

Comments

  1. Appreciate your honesty, I am weak too don't worry about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an honest post. I love that you wrote it like a diary! I'm not sure I'd be good at holding off online shopping for a whole 2 months. I'm the type of person that will start scrolling through new items, then 'accidentally' buy something that was calling my name!

    Olivia - The Northernist x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. and that's exactly what happened to me. I lost control and had to spend. Hopefully I do better and last the whole of lent. :) x

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts