My Favourite Things to Watch on Netflix

I thought this would be a good thing to write about since I spend a lot of my time watching Netflix as I don't have a TV at uni. I thought I would share some of my favourite binges and pass time watching (lol if that makes sense).
I am missing a few out, the ones that I would consider that are already really popular, I feel like I would be telling you the obvious. You know, I mean like: Stranger Things, Riverdale, etc.

First.
How could I write a post about Netflix and not mention Gossip Girl?
I have literally watched the whole series about five time; I love it so much. There is so much in the programme from everyone. From the fashion to the drama. Anyone who watches it can't not love it. You get a front seat insight into the teenagers of the New York Upper East side. The drama and scandal is addictive and to top it all off a blogger posting about all their secrets. What could be more gripping? Every time I watch it; even though I have seen it plenty before and I know what is going to happen, but I am still attached to the screen.


Second.
Gilmore Girls. I cannot tell you how much I LOVE Gilmore Girls. When I watch it for some reason it makes me feel at home. I literally fell in love with the Mother, Daughter relationship between Rory and Lorelai. The series has been out a while, I believe the first series started in 2000. For some reason watching them use flip phones and looking at the clothes they are wearing makes you a little nostalgic for the early 2000's where everything seemed to feel a little more simple. Plus, when you've sat through the whole emotional rollercoaster of the series, there is a mini series that came out last year, showing their life 10 years later. It was so nice to see the same characters in the same place just in a different time. It really made me realise the attachment I had to the characters.

Third.
I am going to mix it up a little with a movie. Love Rosie, which is honestly one of my all time favourite films. The film is based on a book 'Where Rainbows End' by Cecilia Ahern  (I'd recommend the book too). It follows the life of two friends who are in love but keep missing each other. You are on the edge of your seat in frustration the whole time (but in a good way) The movie stars Lily Collins who is one of my favs which is what drew me to watching in the first place. But, it's just such a lovely, emotional movie that I would recommend to everyone and anyone.

Fourth.
Girl Boss. I cannot believe that they cancelled this programme. It was so good and different to anything I had seen. The main character was so ballsy and amusing to watch. She is a carefree spirit. The story follows Sophia, a rebel, struggling to find a meaning in her life. She finds her calling and realises that she can make a living from it. We see her failures and success with creating a fashion empire.

Fifth
Skins. The British version, of course. I feel like I've seen skins on repeat frequently. My favourite skins generation was the second one, with Effy. I mean who didn't want to be her? Each episode we watch through a different character which makes it much easier to form connections with them. I would recommend this series to anyone older enough as it does show some very explicit subjects.


They are the few I could recommend now. However, there are probably a lot more...

Comments

  1. im rewatching gossip girl at the moment! absolutely bloody LOVE that show, will always go down in history as one of my all times faves. i know every single thing that happens but like you - i just cant keep watching!

    god - skins! what a blast from the past! i used to love that show. my fave was maxxie in season 1 and 2 - i watched that episode about a million times!

    katie. xx lacoconoire.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gossip Girl is a dangerous and endless black hole!
    Glad that you could relate, thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts