My Top 'Guilty Pleasure' Literature

When it comes to books, I am willing to give most genres a try. I love to read and love how it opens up new worlds for me. However, when it comes to the books I really love, I have a few that I would consider as my guilty pleasure.

One 
Lindsey Kelk's, I Heart Series. 
I can't even tell you how much I love these books. I must have read and re read this series a numerous amount of times. The story follows a writer who finds out her fiancĂ© has been having an affair. This news is enough to trigger her to book a flight to New York. Once she gets there she meets a friend who pushes her in the right direction and she ends up moving to New York and bagging a pretty good job for herself. Along the way Angelia finds her love, Alex and we get to witness their relationship form and blossom. I fell in love with their relationship. Each book is set somewhere different and we get to travel with Angela. Kelk wrote such a relatable and hilarious character who is extremely entertaining to read. Angelia gets herself into some tricky situations and uses her wit and character to get herself out. 
The Series consists of: 
I Heart New York, I Heart LA, I Heart Paris, I Heart Vegas, I Heart London, I Heart Christmas and I Heart Forever. 
I couldn't recommend these books enough, I love them. 
Any Book written by Kelk is a good read and very smartly she managed to subtly connect some of the characters from each book into each other's story. 

Two 
Jenny Han's, The Summer I Turned Pretty Series. 
This series has three books, each one small in size and a great light read. The book follows a young girl who's stuck in a love triangle between two brothers who have been her child hood friends. Through out the series you get to see Belly (the protagonist) grow and fall in love with both boys. The books just make me feel summery and is something that i pick up when I just feel like reading something that is going to make me warm inside. The story not only tells the tale of a complicated love triangle, it also runs through themes of family and friendship and plays with your emotions more than a few times. I can't tell you how many times I was left red nosed after reading. 
The Series Consists of: 
The Summer I turned Pretty 
It's Not Summer Without You
We'll Always Have Summer

Three
Sophie Kinsella's, Shopaholic Series.  
I am SO glad someone told me how good these books were otherwise I wouldn't have even touched them. I made my opinion of this book from the film that came out in 2009 and that was wrong. From the beginning I was completely taken by the relationship between Becky and Luke. I had to read on to see what happens. The books follow a girl called Becky who may or may not have an addiction to shopping, she works up a debt but as always she seems to wiggle her way out of it. Through out the series we witness Becky and Luke growing, building a family and taking adventures together. I promise you will fall in love with Becky's character and have to read on. After reading the first book I was transfixed and I had to carry on. I ended up finishing the series (at this point was six books) within two weeks when I was supposed to be revising for my GCSE's. 
Do it, just read it, you'll love it. 
The Series Consists of: 
The Secret Dream Word of a Shopaholic. 
Shopaholic Abroad. 
Shopaholic Ties the Knot
Shopaholic and Sister 
Shopaholic on Honey Moon (Short Story) 
Shopaholic and Baby 
Mini Shopaholic
Shopaholic to the Stars
Shopaholic to the Rescue 
Again Kinsella has written some other books that aren't part of the series which I would seriously suggest looking into, she has such a flow to her writing. 
One that I really loved was Wedding Night. 

Four 
Cecilia Ahern, Where Rainbow's End. 
I picked up this book because I saw the trailer to the film and I am so glad I did. 
By the way the film is so good as well (Love Lilly Collins)
One thing different about this book is it's form. It's written in epistolary. Which means the whole book consists of letters. Which you may think is strange but it worked for me. We get to see the life of Rosie and the frustration of it not being the right time yet for her and her best friend Sam who are both very clearly perfect for each other but life just keeps getting in the way. By the end you are dying to find out if Rosie gets her happy ending.

I hope that I've given some inspiration to some people to read this. I loved sharing my opinions on these books. 

Comments

Popular Posts