A Girl's Best Friend: Handbags

Earlier today I realised the amount of crap in my bag, although it is rubbish some I can't part with. Therefore, I thought it would be a good idea for my essentials for my bag (with some added extras).

Essentials.
The basics that don't need any explanation:
Purse, Phone, Keys (Boring but essential.)
Now for the more interesting.

Headphones, I can't express the frustration when you realise you don't have your headphones. No offence to anyone but I can't stand public transportation alone without headphones. I don't want to hear what Simon from accounting was doing the other night or that Rachel was so wasted last night. I don't care. It's so much nicer to just chill with music blasting into your ears and you can live in your own little world.

Phone Charger. I didn't think this was that important. I never used to carry one around, however, recently I had one in my bag for a specific reason but then never took it out and since then I have realised how useful they are to have. I mean, if you have space for one then go for it.

Sunglasses. Under appreciated but when the sun is burning your corneas you will be thankful that you remembered your sunnies. Trust me.

A Small Shopping Bag. Although 5p isn't exactly going to break the bank. I have found that having one of those small shopping bags that you can fold up nicely into your bag are very useful. Not even for your shopping, you never know when you're going to need one. Especially if you're like me and love Primark but always have the dodgy paper bag that ALWAYS splits.

Lip Balm. I can't stress this enough. I can't stand having sore lips and there is nothing you can do to help them if you don't have any lip balm. Therefore you will never see me without one.

Socks. This is a weird one but for me one of the most important. I always carry socks in my bag in the summer. When you're wearing things like sandals, flipflops and espadrilles, it's horrible when you go to someones house, take your shoes off and have to walk around bare foot. Therefore I like to take socks with me everywhere I go, just in case.

I would say they're my top essentials. It would be interesting to see if other people's differ.

Would like to mention some of the weirder items I have (just for fun).
Light bulbs. So I know which one to get when I'm buying new ones.
Mayonnaise Sachets. Comes in so handy when you run out, and I'm a student.
KFC wipes. You don't realise how handy they come in, when I get the chance I grab as much as I can get.
A Huge Amount of Sweets. Which I take from restaurant bills. You think you'll eat them but they just pile up in the bottom of your bag.

Perhaps one day I will write about the whole contents of my bag, including the insane amount of lipsticks stacking up in the bottom of my bag...

If you were wondering which bag I am currently using, it is the Fiorelli Mia Grab Bag in black and I am in love with it!

 This bag is perfect for me. It's just the right size for me to carry around what I want and I have never had to leave anything behind. The material feels like good quality and the bag is well structure. It retails from around £50 and is available from places like ASOS, TK Maxx, Very, Little Woods.
I would really recommend this bag as an everyday piece. 

Comments

Popular Posts